Over the years, I've built some great friendships with clients that I now consider to be friends. However, there are times when I can tell the client wants to ask personal questions about me, but never does. I decided to answer some personal questions so that clients could get to know me without asking the questions.
1. Who inspires you?
Anyone (famous or otherwise) that has built a career, company, and/or family that is successful. Success defined by them - whether monetarily, spiritually, intellectually, etc.
I love hearing people's stories, which is a huge part of why I do what I do.
2. What do you do for fun outside of work?
Golf all around the country, travel to new places, I love trying food at new restaurants.
3. Where’s your favorite place in the world?
Naples, FL; any all-inclusive resort with good food and sun.
4. If you could be any animal, which would you be?
An eagle. Symbolic characteristics are bravery, courage, honor, pride, determination, and grace.
5. What’s the last book you read?
Getting Naked – A Business Fable About Shedding the Three Fears That Sabotage Client Loyalty, Patrick Lencioni
Thinking in Bets – Making Smarter Decisions When You Don’t Have All the Facts, Annie Duke
The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*uck, Mark Manson
Thinking, Fast and Slow, Daniel Kahneman
Golf Is Not a Game of Perfect, Dr. Bob Rotella
6. What are you passionate about?
Business-wise, my passion is for delivering a *real* financial planning experience for my clients. In a world of differing opinions, I'm passionate about providing clarity to my clients.
Personally, I'm passionate about making those I care about happy (which in turn, provides happiness for me). Doing little things for people and giving back are top priorities.
7. What are your top 3 favorite movies?
I really enjoy the Bourne series. It's tough to narrow it down to 3, so here is a list:
Catch Me If You Can
It's a Wonderful Life
The Shawshank Redemption
8. What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done?
Burned the boats and started a business at age 25!
9. What are you currently watching on Netflix?
Dexter, Person of Interest, Last Chance U, Sons of Anarchy, 13 Reasons Why
10. What’s the coolest thing you’re working on right now?
I think the coolest thing (definitely the most fun) is building a brand and showing clients what a fee-only planner does/is vs. the rest of the industry. I'm thankful for all of my clients and I'm glad they're with me to experience cutting-edge industry technology.
11. Who would you most like to swap places with for a day?
I think it would be really interesting to be the president for a day and see how much stress they go through.
12. What’s the best meal you’ve ever had?
One of the best meals I've had was at Morton's in Chicago. My favorite steak is a ribeye!
13. If you could visit anywhere in the world you’ve never been, where would you go?
Greece and Iceland. All the photos I see on social media show that both of them are beautiful!
14. What are your top 3 pet peeves?
Chewing with one’s mouth open, incorrect grammar (although, I've made my fair share of mistakes!), when people are scared to simply say no to something.
15. What’s is something about you that no one (or only few) know about?
I have 3 tattoos. Interesting topic, since they're generally hidden by clothing. One is an ambigram that reads honesty one way and integrity the other way. One is a key that has the word trust in it (trust is key). The final one says "Events, Faith, and Family" which was quoted by my grandfather at he and my grandmother's 50th wedding anniversary as the three most important things in life.
16. Which four individuals, living or dead, would you like to eat dinner with the most?
Warren Buffett, Mark Cuban, Abraham Lincoln, LeBron James
17. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
I wear a lot of navy, so I would say navy or dark blue.
18. What would you do if you won the lottery?
This is so interesting because I'm in the financial planning world. First thing I would do is make sure my estate planning was air tight. I would honestly continue to work for a select group of clients and service them forever. In addition to that, I would look for opportunities to purchase businesses and leave generational wealth.
19. What are your top 3 favorite quotes?
It's easier to adjust to the hardships of a poor living that it is to adjust to the hardships of making a better one. - Unknown
Quarreling is like cutting water with a sword - Chinese Proverb
Silence is the hardest argument to refute - Josh Billings
20. Who is your favorite super hero?
Batman, The Punisher